Monday, March 29, 2010

Dave Matthews Band Visits Rome

I have planned many events whether it was with the Evergreens, the Resident Affairs Council or even the tour guides. I have to say the best thing I have ever coordinated was for Rome Loyola to see the Dave Matthews Band in Rome. I started getting things together for this before we even got to Rome and a month and a half after arriving the day of the concert arrived.

None of us really knew what to expect, we were excited and almost all 18 of us had been to one of his concerts before, but that was always in the summer outside. This concert was inside in a basketball arena just outside of Rome.

We got inside, the venue was much smaller than we expected and these were the closest seats I had ever gotten to the stage. By the middle of the show we had all made it down to floor level and were probably about 25 feet from the stage, what was already a great show got even better. There really wasn’t any way that we could have gotten close, it was great. The set list was also really good. He played new stuff, classics, some of my favorites and some rare songs. Overall, this was one of, if not the best Dave Matthews concert I had been to and it was in Rome on the European Tour, when am I going to get a chance to see that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment